Have you ever wanted to go out and join that 5K event, but are unable to because you need to look after your young children? Are you looking to jog and enjoy the morning sun with your little kids but your stroller can’t keep up? These are just two situations that signal your need for a stroller that’s designed to keep up with your active lifestyle whilst providing comfort and security to your little ones. Naturally, there are double jogging strollers in the market that are built to address this particular need. It’s not hard to find these anywhere as there are already plenty of such products out there. If you are looking for the best double jogging stroller out there, however, you might want to check following:
Table of Contents
- 1 Top Rated Double Jogging Stroller Available in the Market
- 2 Reviews of 4 Best Double Jogging Stroller 2016
- 3 What can You Get from Jogging Strollers?
- 4 How to Find the Best Double Jogging Stroller for Infant and Toddler?
- 5 Tips When Using a Double Jogging Stroller
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
- 7 Conclusion
Top Rated Double Jogging Stroller Available in the Market
Reviews of 4 Best Double Jogging Stroller 2016
The first in our list is the Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger, Centennial, a jogging stroller that is clearly designed with older toddlers and growing kids in mind if we are to judge from the height and weight limits recommended for its occupants—6 to 50 lbs. and no more than 42″. As with the previous product, Baby Trend Double Jogging Stroller reviews are largely positive as well, thanks mainly to features that cater a lot to the parents convenience without cutting corners on the child safety part.
The reclining seats are fairly large in proportion to the wheels and features a five-point harness that makes sure that your children are safe and sound in there as you jog. The performance, on the other hand, is handled by two 16-inch rear and a 12-inch front wheels which are basically hardy, all-terrain, pneumatic bicycle tires, the latter of which swivels but can be locked in a single direction and can be stopped with a rear
We have tried this product and us and the kids love it! It is compact, easy to fold and unfold, has superb handling, and the built-in speakers are a great bonus. The seats can also be reclined and the canopy can be easily adjusted on the fly for your kids comfort. However, one issue that we have experienced is that the front wheel tends to shake a lot. This, however, can be fixed by locking the said wheel, which in turn should give you the hassle of locking and unlocking it when turning around corners and curves.
Baby Trend has yet another product that made it to our list of the best jogging strollers. It’s called the Baby Trend Navigator Double Jogging Stroller, Vanguard. Unlike most strollers in this list, the construction of this product is everything but typical. Rather than having the same old build featuring a single swiveling front wheel for navigation, this stroller has two, because why not? Arguably, this extra front wheel adds some extra stability to the product, and thus security for your children as well.
Speaking of security, this Navigator has child security features typical of Baby Trend Jogging strollers, including a five-point harness and a child tray that offers little room for your child to jump out, and that’s per seat. If you would like to keep a constant view of your children while you jog as well, the reclining seats can also be set to face you so you can have all the peace of mind that you need. Now you don’t need to worry
about your children ending up in a cramped space; the seats simply have enough room for them to move about.
Of course, the product also has extras that parents can appreciate. This includes a parent tray with cup holders, built-in MP3 speakers, and an easy trigger folding mechanism that we find really handy when storing or transporting the stroller.
However, the Navigator is a little bulky and heavy. We also found an issue with the wheels shaking when jogging or brisk walking. As with the Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger, Centennial, this issue can easily fixed by locking the wheels, but that’s sacrificing mobility.
Of course, we have a BOB double jogging stroller as an entry in this list, and why shouldn’t there be one? This one will be the BOB Revolution SE Duallie Stroller, Orange, and it is one of the most critically acclaimed jogging strollers in the market, and many turn to it as a benchmark to compare with other products.
As much as it is designed for the safety of your child, the folks behind the Revolution SE Duallie seem to have a smooth ride and excellent handling in mind for this product as well, which is not a bad thing at all. It has a typical wheel set up—three wheels with two large ones in the back and a smaller, swiveling one in the front—but what makes this stand out from the rest is how its front, pivoting wheel actually delivers great maneuverability. To add to that, the jogging stroller also has an adjustable suspension system that makes rides smooth
regardless of the terrain.
We found the Revolution SE Duallie pretty average when it comes to child safety. Unlike many other jogging strollers, however, it features a five-point harness rather than a child tray, which in turn takes away a lot of bulk from the product. Additionally, the stroller also features an accessory adapter that you can use to fit infant car seats for maximum safety.
The only issues we have with the Revolution SE Duallie is the weight and the size. Regardless, while this is definitely not the best double jogging stroller in the market, it is one of the first ones that come to mind whenever we have that particular need to recommend a jogging stroller.
Guess what’s next in this roster of jogging strollers? To cut to the chase, it’s another product from BOB and it’s called the BOB Revolution Flex Duallie Stroller, Orange. Like the Revolution SE Duallie, this product has a pretty good reputation in the stroller market, owing much to its quality and performance. We have tried this product ourselves, and we tell you, what good things you have heard about this product are for real.
As with many other jogging strollers in this list, the Revolution Flex Duallie sports a pretty standard set up. What really makes it stand out is the performance that it offers. We found the maneuverability superior to the Revolution SE Duallie, as the stroller practically glides on any surface. While it doesn’t beat Schwinn’s Turismo in the lightness department, it still weighs relatively less than most jogging strollers in the
market. The lightweight construction makes it feel like you are pushing nothing more than a fraction of your children’s weight. If you feel like you’re going a little too fast, it also helps that this stroller has a foot brake for added control.
The stroller’s handlebar can be adjusted to match your height, which is a big plus. Also, folding it up for storage is nearly effortless.
Our kids certainly loved this product as well. Its ultra-padded reclining seat allowed them so much comfort, and the padded five-point harness keeps them neatly in place. You definitely won’t need an infant car seat to go with this product! No complaints here so far, so let’s move on to the next item in the list.
What can You Get from Jogging Strollers?
As we all know, double jogging strollers aren’t mere strollers that you can use to simply take more than one child out for a walk. They are designed such that active parents may be able to bring their children along during brisk-walking, jogging, or running activities. This lets parents stay fit while being able to keep an eye on their children.
Of course, every decent jogging stroller should not sacrifice the children’s safety for their adults’ enjoyment. Rather, the safety measures are upped such that the kids stay safe in their seats as they tag along their parents’ daily jogging routine. After all, the point of jogging strollers is to keep yourselves around so you can watch over them as you sweat it out jogging.
How to Find the Best Double Jogging Stroller for Infant and Toddler?
Looking for the right product is one of the hardest part of making a purchase, and this is also true when it comes to double jogging strollers. To help you out, here are three steps that we follow for this matter:
- Identify your needs. Know the features that you want or need from a jogging stroller based on your child’s size, weight, gender, or age, as well as factors like your environment, aesthetic tastes, etc.
- Isolate products that are within your budget range. Often, you get what you pay for, so be sure to take note of strollers priced close to your budget ceiling. Take note that you shouldn’t just judge the product by its price, though, as there are always expensive rip offs lurking around somewhere.
- With your options narrowed down, check the reviews of each product. Don’t just look at the ratings but also see what other users have to say about the product so you are aware of the products flaws and what advantage each has over another. Should there be a tie in the review contest, get the most affordable one.
Tips When Using a Double Jogging Stroller
If you are new to using double jogging strollers, you ought to know that running with one with your kids in it is not the same as running alone or with your partner. In this case, here are some tips:
- Get a feel of the jogging stroller and find the best form to run with it. Make sure the stroller is adjusted in a way that you do not hunch or slouch on the handle, and that your elbows are neatly tucked in and not flailing.
- Dress warm, but be sure to have your children dress appropriately for the temperature. They’re not the ones running.
- Be sure your children are full before your jogging session to avoid random tantrums bursting.
- Do run on non-busy roads for obvious reasons.
- Avoid narrow sidewalks, alleys and, if possible, hills as well.
- Use one arm and alternate between the two, except when you really need to climb a hill.
- Maintain maneuverability by not locking the wheel, unless you absolutely have to. It helps a lot especially in busy areas.
- Check your child’s buckle once in a while. Better safe than sorry!
- For babies, bring extra diapers.
- Avoid using stroller blankets. They can fall off and get in the front wheel, and this can cause plenty of accidents.
- Remember to treat your children during or at the end of the jog!
Frequently Asked Questions
the best double jogging stroller.If you know your needs and are willing to wade through the hundreds of reviews to find the right stroller, however, that will be no difficult task. Remember though, that as with any other product, you tend to get what you pay for; don't be stingy and be sure to look for the product's quality first, and the price second. Happy hunting!
You can read more about Best Pack and Play Reviews.
Incoming search terms:
- best double jogging stroller
- best double jogging stroller 2016
- highest rated double jogging stroller
- double jogging stroller reviews
- Baby trend expedition double vs bob duallie
- top double jogging strollers