How To Clean A Wubbanub
As you know, Wubbanub is loved by many babies. Every year, there are thousands of wubbanubs are produced. They look so adorable with plush toys that can attract any kids.
Besides, wubbanub is so much easier to find than the normal pacifier. I bet you have had to find your babies’ pacifier every nook and cranny of your house because it’s too small, and lost it. Therefore, I think wubbanub is a great choice for all families.
However, like many other toys, wubbanub also gets dirty because your children use it every day. So, you have to clean the pacifier. But how to make it clean when wubbanub is a 2-in-1 item? Let’s find out right now in this post.
What Do You Need For Wubbanub Cleaning?
I am so excited to share these tips with you guys. I know that many parents have tried to find ways to clean a wubbanub – the best friend of all babies. This is my favorite subject so that why I can’t wait to come here and write the post to all moms and dads.
Here are what you need:
- Liquid Soap
Use a liquid soap which is mild for your babies. You can use it to clean their bottles, cups and bowls.
This is very important because their immune systems are quite sensitive so parents need to take an extreme care of it. You should find a suitable product that contains safe ingredients for your kids. I recommend you to choose liquid soap which is made from natural ingredients rather than using any chemical products.
- Laundry Detergent
As I mentioned above, babies’ immune systems are very sensitive, so do their skin. That’s why your babies have their own shampoos, shower gels and also detergents. Since you and other family members have to come in contact with babies’ bodies every day, I think you should also change your whole family’s laundry detergent. It will be so much safer for children’s health.
This product is the choice of many parents. It’s perfect for those who are busy and don’t have time to clean wubbanub or any other baby stuff in the usual way. Sterilizer is very convenient and easy to use. Moreover, it can kill all bacteria in pacifiers, milk bottles, ….
How To Clean A Wubbanub?
1. Prepare a sewing set
You probably wonder why we need a sewing set for this cleaning process. Wubbanub has 2 parts which are plush toy and pacifier. You can’t separate them from each other. Therefore, you need a sewing set to remove the pacifier from the plush toy. Wubbanub is tightly sewed so this is a hard process. Make sure you do it carefully or the toy might be torn.
2. Washing the plush
This is the easiest part of the entire process. The plush toy can be washed in the washing machine. All you have to do is putting it in a mesh laundry bag with babies’ clothes and wash on gentle cycle. Then dry it. Remember to use the mild laundry detergent that I had said in the paragraph above.
But what if you are cleaning the wubbanub and your babies want to use it? Having 2 wubbarubs is a good idea.
3. Cleaning the pacifier
Use the mild liquid soap and clean the pacifier thoroughly to remove all the dirt. Then, dip it in boiled water for about 3 minutes.
There is another way to sterilize the nipple. You can use the sterilizer to save your time but remember this, DO NOT put the nipple in the dishwasher.
Check again if there are any residues of soap left in the pacifier.
When the plush toy is dried and the pacifier is sterilized, sew them together, and your babies will have a clean-as-new wubbanub. However, there is some advice that I think you need to make notes when doing the wubbanub cleaning process. Take a look at the next paragraph for more details.
- If you don’t have a sterilizer, boiled water is another effective way to sterilize your babies’ nipples. Be careful when using this method and put all the tools out of reach of children.
- Avoid touching the sterilizer and do not touch the inner surface of the bottles or nipples.
- Before applying the method of sterilization, you should wash all equipment in warm water. Next, use a clean brush to clean all traces of milk, then rinse them before sterilizing.
- Clean a wubbanub regularly. This is very important to your children’s health.
- Change a new pacifier for your kids when the old pacifier has bleaching or be corrosive as it may cause choke. Normally, for about 2-3 months, you should replace the old one once to ensure babies’ food hygiene.
- If you don’t have spare time to do the sewing process or immediately want to clean the nipple, here’s the idea. Soak the nipple into a boiled water cup while the plush toy is placed on the cup’s mouth. I found this great idea on YouTube, and I thought it was so convenient. Watch more:
Babies’ safety has always been the subject that all parents care about, so do I. When I have experience of being a mom, I always desire to take care and protect my children in the best way. That’s why I’m here, writing this post to share my knowledge and tips with you, and I hope you like it.
Lastly, I would like to say thank you for reading my post of how to clean a wubbanub. Hopefully, it helps you. If you have any question, feel free to ask me by commenting in the box below. Have a nice day and see you soon!