How To Make Apple Baby Food
An apple is a full of nutrient fruit that your infant could digest easily. Besides, you may not find any difficulty in preparing the Apple-related dishes. That is the reason why it is widely used for the baby’s daily ready-to-eat food. Remarkably, there are thousands of recipes for how to make apple baby food.
Your child can enjoy a variety of meals with cereal, meat puree, veggie puree, or mixed with a biscuit or yogurt. So, let’s read to know three apple recipes that guarantee you it's nutrient pack and a time-saving execution.
Four fabulous benefits of eating apple
There is an old saying “an apple a day” that exemplifies how the apple benefits for your health, especially with its inexpensive price. Following are four advantages of eating an apple:
- Two types of fiber help to reduce a possibility of stroke and maintain weight.
- Reinforce the stool and prevent your baby from having constipation or diarrhea.
- Boosting the health of the prostate, colon and liver.
- Providing a rich source of the dietary mineral to develop your baby’s bone health.
Four tips to select the fresh apple for your baby
Despite the modest price, the apple is regarded as the most highly contaminated food. Concerning your baby’s heath safety, you should select the organic apple. Here are four tips to pick the harm-free apple.
- Notice the apple’s color intensively. If there are any bruises, soft path or wrinkled skin on the apple, it means that one is not fresh. Hence, pick the apple with a normal color skin.
- Select the firm apple which has no squishy indentation.
- For the sake of your baby’s pleasant taste, you should pick the Braeburn, Gala, Rome, Red delicious or Fuji apple. Surely, these apples have a sweet flavor that would please your baby. In contrast, the Granny Smith's strong flavor would bring an unpleasant result.
Some notes for you
- Only cut the apple before using it. Otherwise, you should place in a fridge to store.
- Unless your baby has teeth to chew the apple (1 year or older), you need to cut it into species to protect your baby from choking.
4 steps to prepare the apple baby food
Rub and clean each of the apples under water with your bare hands. Make sure you rinse it thoroughly to remove any of the pesticides. Frankly, I suggest adding one cup of vinegar in your sink filled with water to make the cleaning more effective. Then, leave the apple in the solution for 10 minutes.
#2. Peel the apple
Because your baby is not able to chew the peels, it is essential to remove with a peeling knife. Above all, you would get rid of the pesticides on its peel.
#3. Remove the core of apple
Cut the apple in half. With the tip of a sharp knife, remove the apple's core and seed.
#4. Cut it into pieces (1 inch)
Make sure to slice the apple into an equal size piece. Then, store it in the fridge until you use it.
How to make apple baby food for your 4-month baby or older
Fantastic baby applesauce
Now, let’s move on a decisive step of how to turn this rich vitamin C and fiber fruit into a yummy dish for the baby.
- Step 1: Take the prepared apple out of the fridge and slice it into small chunks.
- Step 2: Put them in a medium saucepan filled with water. Remember to gently boil it at a low heat until it simmers and bubbles.
- Step 3: The preserved nutrient should be taken seriously. As the longer time used for cooking, the less nutrient left at food. So, in every 10 minutes, you need to check the apple and see if it is softened.
- Step 4: When the apple is tender, you drain and rinse it with cold water for three minutes. Blend the puree until smooth. To reach the desired consistency, you could add some needed water.
- Step 5: You can creatively serve it with another puree like a carrot, a blueberry or a potato.
- For the 10-month or older baby, instead of pureeing the cooked apple, you could smash it with a potato masher or a fork.
- To store a cool applesauce, you could place it in a BPA-free container for the maximum of 1 months. As for the frozen one, you could store up to 3 months. When the time comes, you could put in the fridge for 24 hours to thaw it.
Tasty apple cereal with oat
In this recipe, you only need to follow exactly the same preparation and cook, just a few variation steps demanded.
- Step 1: Pour ¼ cup water and ¼ cup ground oats into a pan.
- Step 2: Boil the mixture at a medium-temperature heat. To avoid losing its nutrient, you should check frequently and see if the oatmeal is cooked and the apple is softened. All along the way, remember to stir and mash.
- Step 3: It’s time to sparkle some magic flavor. You could try with a breast milk, juice or a bit of cinnamon.
How to make apple baby food for babies 8-10 months
Here is the apple recipe would offer your baby a vital health-benefit nutrition.
Delicious apple and chicken food
For this food, you just need to prepare simply:
- 2 cups water.
- 1 cup apples that are prepared in same previous steps.
- 1 uncooked and diced chicken breast.
- Step 1: Put the combination of water, apple and chicken breast in a medium saucepan.
- Step 2: Slowly boil it at a low heat for 20 minutes. You know the chicken is cooked when there is no pink on its exterior. Besides, to test its tenderness, you can use a fork.
- Step 3: Decorate the dish by place some pudding/ puree on top. And a star pasta or rice would be a great choice to served alongside with this yummy dish.
With a rich nutrient resource of vitamin and fiber, apple surely becomes a home friendly fruit. Especially with its modest price, you could comfortably apply it to the daily recipe of your baby. Let’s try three suggested apple recipes and see if your baby excitingly to have more, drop us some comment to share your joy. And if you want to make a new dish, check out how to make blueberry baby food recipe.