How to replace the accessory adapter of your stroller
If the accessory adapter of your baby stroller is damaged or broken, it is necessary to replace it with a new one to have the maximum and smoothest performance. It is a very important part of the stroller and if it is jammed or broken, you will find it very difficult to fold and unfold your stroller. Many people find it very difficult to replace it, as it has a lot of screw and pivot concern. But if you get the proper instruction and direction, it is a very easy job to do. Let’s show you how to replace the accessory adapter of your baby stroller.
1. A 4 mm Allen Wrench/ key
2. A 5 mm Allen Wrench/ key
3. A Phillips head screwdriver
4. A Towel
5. A rubber mallet
6. Safety glasses
You have all these items? Okay, let’s get to work. Set the parking brake of the stroller to make sure it will be steady while you are working. Put on your safety glasses. First, we will remove the accessory adapter.
Removal of Accessory Adapter:
1. Let’s start with canopy. Remove the screw with your Phillips screw driver located at the base of that canopy.
2. Canopy hoop frame bars are situated inside canopy pock. Remove the canopy from each effected side.
3. Engage the handlebar fold levers. Then just fold it over in its front.
4. Take your 4 mm Allen range and remove the upper pivot bushing screw. The pivot bushing screw is situated right behind the multi position canopy mount.
5. The head of the pivot screw is situated at the inside of the handlebar. Just watch the opposite side of the black pivot bushing, you will get it.
6. Do not lose the 4 mm knot situated inside of the pivot bushing.
7. Pull the red release cable upwards. The stroller will come to folded position and place it on the floor. Make sure the handle bar side of the stroller is touching the ground.
8. At this position, you will see a silver Allen screw located near of the black shock tracks.
9. Remove the Allen screw and washer from the track. Loosen the screw and use your fingers to remove it.
10. To loosen the assembly, insert a 5mm Allen screw into the swing arm pit. Tap it with your rubber mallet. A few strokes will be sufficient.
11. Remove the swing arm pivot. Hold the lower part of the accessory adapter and pull it out gently. Your removal operation has finished.
Install New Accessory Adapter:
1. Unwrap the new adapter and set it in the properly in the lower pivot.
2. Slide the threaded opening of the black pivot pin into its position.
3. Make sure the threaded portion of the black pivot pin and the crew hole opening is aligned at the top of the shock track.
4. Set the silver pivot pin screw and washer in it’s position and use your Allen key to install it.
5. In some situation, the screw may not set properly. On that circumstance, use a second 5mm Allen wrench on the inboard side of the pivot pin.
6. Thus, you can rotate the pivot and make it aligned. Then you can properly tighten the silver pivot screw.
7. Get the stroller back into standing position.
8. The accessory adapter assembly is now downwards. Rotate it until the upper pivot is aligned with the screw hole in the handlebar.
9. Take the upper pivot bushing. Insert it from the outside of the stroller.
10. There is a half moon shape in the bushing. It will match with the similar shape of the handlebar as soon as it is perfectly set.
11. Set the 4mm knot inside of the pivot bushing and make it tight.
12. Insert pivot bushing bolts from the inside of the handlebar. A 4mm Allen wrench will tight it enough to hold its position.
13. Now, turn the handlebar over and unfold the stroller and make fully open.
14. Set the canopy frame bar in the accessory assembly adapter.
15. Put the Phillips screws back in their position and tight
16. Open and close the stroller. A smooth operation will ensure you the proper installation.
I hope now you can easily replace your accessory adapter. But while replacing it, make sure you are not pushing any screw too hard to tighten or loosen. If the screw is in the correct position, it will need a slight pressure to be set. Much pressure in wrong position may damage the screw and you will fail to set the new adapter. Keep an eye on your figure which can be easily trapped in any mechanism. Take care of your baby as well as your baby stroller.