How to replace the Brake pad of Your Baby Stroller
If you are using a baby stroller for a long time, you might notice that after a certain time, you do not receive a perfect response from the brakes. The stroller may take a few moments to stop from the motion. It can happen for many reasons, but in 99% case, your brake pad has been eroded and you need to set a new pair of brake pads to get the proper braking response.
Replacing a brake pad is a very easy task to do. With the help of few common tools and proper instruction, you can change the brake pad of your baby stroller. Follow the instructions properly and do not overstep any stage. So, let’s begin.
For this operation, you will need the following tools around you.
1. A small flat head screw driver
2. A large flat head screw driver.
3. A paier of pliers.
4. A soft cloth for rubbing.
5. A rubber mallet.
6. A pair of safety glasses for your eye protection.
Replace the Brake Pad of Your Baby Stroller:
I) Removal of The Existing Brake Pad of The Stroller:
1. To remove the brake pad from the brake pad assembly, first you have to remove both the rear wheels. Open the quick release, press the button (if any) and then pull out the wheel.
2. It will be helpful for this operation if you loosen the cable clamp knot so that you can get the maximum range of motion.
3. Take the large flat head screw driver. Pry it through the spring and pull out one side of it from the brake pad.
4. Now apply the pair of pliers to hold that uprooted side of the spring. Use the flathead screwdriver on the other side until the spring is completely separated from the brake pad.
5. Now deal with the see clip. Use your small flat head screw driver, pry it through the clip to make it loose.
6. Finally, use the pair of pliers to remove it from the brake pad assembly.
7. All done. Now gently pull out the brake pads from brake pad pivot posts. The previous brake pad is now completely removed from your stroller.
II) Installing the New Brake Pad in the Stroller:
1. It is recommended to wipe out the wheel assembly with a soft cloth to remove and clean all kinds of dirt or offal. It may sabotage the performance of your new brake pads.
2. Install the new brake pads in the pivot post one after another, according to the picture. Make sure they are in correct order and they can set perfectly in only one way.
3. Place the see clip in its corresponding pivot post.
4. A tap or a few taps by your rubber mallet will make it completely seated in its position.
5. Now take the spring. Place the one end of the spring in the corresponding hole in the brake pad assembly.
6. It is the most complicated part of this job. Take your large flat head screw driver and gently uphold the free end of the spring. Now try to pry the free end into its corresponding hole on the other brake pad. You can use the other hand to bring the brake pad in position.
7. Now put back the wheels on. Engage the quick release and your job is done.
Very easy, isn’t it? Do not apply too much force on any components; just a gentle press is sufficient. Do not forget to tighten the cable clamp again after the operation. That’s all you should know to replace the brake pad assembly of your baby stroller.