How to Take Care of Your Over Weight Baby |

How to Take Care of Your Over Weight Baby

Featured - How To Take Care of Your Over Weight Baby

source by:

When a baby comes into the world, he/she not only brings a new era of joy, but also gives birth to a new parent. Taking care of a baby is a great responsibility and parents have to learn a lot of things to perform this duty.

Most of the parents always remain conscious that their baby is not eating properly and losing weight. In some case, it is prominent that the baby is gaining weight faster than the other infants. As you are a new parent too, do not make any blind assumption. Take expert advice and talk to your pediatrician.

Take Care of Your Over Weight Baby:

1.Seek Advice From The Pediatricians:

If you have any query about baby and baby’s weight, do not hesitate to ask your pediatrician. According to KidsHealth, it is common that the baby will triple his birth weight and become tall about 10 inches in his first year. The BabyCenter recommends to visit the doctor so that he can measure the height and weight and compare them with the age. Again, the doctors can keep the growth chart through which he can track the baby’s growth. If the growth amount is consistent according to the age of the baby, then it is likely to be normal and no problem is available. But if the growth starts increasing at an unusual rate, that can be a sign of an issue. If you observe anything unnatural, directly consult with the pediatrician.

1 - How To Take Care of Your Over Weight Baby

source by:

2.Breast Milk Can Be Helpful:

Mayo Clinic denotes the importance of Fat for the baby, but at the same time, excess of calories and fats will slow down the development of the baby. It is recommended to breastfeed the baby as long as possible. The American Academy of Pediatricians suggests to continue breastfeeding for at least 6 months. Breast feeding will stop the baby from eating extra food after their meal. Allow the infant to feel with breast milk or formula. The amount of breast milk or formula required by the baby will vary with his age. According to KidsHealth, a newborn infant will consume 1.5 to 3 ounces in every two or three hours. A two month old baby will need 4/5 ounces in every 3/4 hours. But a baby of six months age or more will require 6/8 ounce of breast milk or formula in every 4/5 hours.

2 - How To Take Care of Your Over Weight Baby

source by:

3.Diet Plan:

Follow a proper diet plan for the baby of six months and more. Up to six months, breast milk is more than enough for the baby. Without the prescription, do not offer any other food or quid to the baby, not even fruit juices. After six months, it is not mandatory to provide juice for the kid, but you can give in a limited amount like 4 ounces a day. Up to six months, no solid food should be provided. After six months, you can start with some iron rich cereals. Mixing with breast milk or formula will increase the food value. Breast feeding should be continued at this time and do not make the infant dependent on solid food very early. According to the recent research of WebMD, it is found that the baby, who starts solid food too early, has possibility to become overweight.

3 - How To Take Care of Your Over Weight Baby

source by:

4.Keep him Active:

It is very important to keep your baby more active. It is not necessary that the kid has to hit the gym, but you can create some room for the baby. Place the activity mat and lay baby on it with his favorite toys. Let him craws, somersault, stretch his hands, and kick his legs. You can set the toys just out of his reach to make him bound to crawl and increase his activity. You can also sign up for a parent-baby activity class and have some quality time. These activities will increase the growth of your baby and burn the excess calories from his body.

4 - How To Take Care of Your Over Weight Baby

source by:

Do not be anxious if your baby put on some extra weight. It will be reduced by time if you can offer him proper diet and adequate space to be active. Do not forget to consult with your pediatrician for any kind of confusion or query.

Click Here to Leave a Comment Below 0 comments
Back to TOP